- Before Sunset (2004) - Richard Linklater, Kim Krizan, Julie Delpy, Ethan Hawke (not from a book, as far as I can tell)
- Finding Neverland (2004) - David Magee - based on the play by Allan Knee
- Million Dollar Baby (2004) - Paul Haggis - based on stories by F.X. Toole
- Diarios de motocicleta (2004) - Jose Rivera - based on Ché Guevara's book Notas de viaje and Alberto Granado's book Con el Che por America Latina
- Sideways (2004) - Alexander Payne, Jim Taylor - based on Rex Pickett's novel of the same name.
Has anyone read the book behind any of the movies currently out and about in theaters? The closest I am is that I've read the three Series of Unfortunate Events books that the Lemony Snicket movie was based around.